Friday 10 December 2010

Evaluation Question 3. - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Audience feedback is very important when creating my main product and ancillary texts because it helps me understand who my target audience are and what things I need to include in my products and what things I need to change and adapt to make them perfect for my target audience.
Before making any decisions about my film I needed to identify with my target audience, I did this by making a video which I posted on my blog, in this video I asked people what they would like to see in a horror trailer. I decided to do a video and not a questionnaire because I feel it is more effective and different to typical audience feedback techniques. From these feedback videos I gathered the majority of information that I needed to fit my final trailer around what the people said in the video. Also the feedback from the videos I done regarding my horror trailer showed that my target audience prefer psychological horror rather than slasher horror, I tried to relate my horror trailer to this theme to gain more audience expectations.

I made a facebook fan page for my horror poster and magazine front cover and got audience feedback which is situated below, the audience feedback showed me exactly what my audience was looking for, and the feedback for my poster was really positive and the ideas we did. After showing the final ancillary text to my related target audience I found that all the ideas that was on the poster was what my target audience wanted to see and that showed that the video we done before we completed the poster was a good choice as it gave us an idea of what they wanted.


I also put the magazine front cover on the facebook page to get audience feedback and which is also situated below; the audience feedback was quite different to the one I gained for the poster and my target audience did give me some constructive criticism.
All the feedback that was given I agree with as I do feel that the magazine could have been simplified to make it easier to read, this would have been something I could have developed on to gain audience expectations.

As I got feedback from Facebook about my ancillary task, I decided to do a video feedback about my actual trailer.
Below is one of my classmates watching my trailer on the computer, which I videoed. After she had finish watching it , I asked her questions about what she had thought about the trailer.
The answer are below the video. The answers are not in a video format I wanted to show a variety of different techniques to blog.

Response:

Naresa: " I really enjoyed the trailer , I found that it had good use of rapid shots which made me want to carry on watching, also the use of music in the trailer was used very well as it fitted perfectly with each shot. The only criticm I would give this trailer is that some bits were quite confusing and I didnt understand the link, but that being said it is a teaser trailer and i did feel teased which made me want to know more about it but overall nice trailer , and I wouldnt mind seeing this in the cinema"

As I said above I wanted to use different styles of blogging my audience feedback. So now that I’ve used facebook (social networking site) and video feedback, I decided to use YouTube as a final technique to try and get good audience feedback. My YouTube feedback is situated below and it shows various comments of the trailer from my target audience.


I feel that YouTube commentary is very effective as since YouTube is video sharing network which people go on to view videos and share their views on it. So I decided to upload my video onto YouTube and send the URL Midnight Massacre YouTube URL to my target audience so they can give their feedback. I found this easy to do as most of my target audience have YouTube accounts so it was very efficent for them. The change in technology convergence has allowed people to view and share their videos and pictures which I also have learnt to do during my process of my production work.

I feel that having audience feedback has been a positive thing because it has helped me see my ancillary tasks and main product more clearly and I would have found difficult to see the evaluation without having other people’s inputs. I also feel that having audience feedback will help me understand even clearer what my target audience wanted from a poster, magazine cover and teaser trailer and to know that if I was to release these tasks as a real media product my target audience will be interested in the franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment